Saturday, March 24, 2012

Flamingos!!!

I still haven't gotten around to my mosaic "how to" post but in the meantime, see these photos and understand why my blog is named "Crazy for Flamingos".
Mosaic flamingo that hangs in the kitchen

My kitchen windowsill

Again, my kitchen window

Kitchen wall

Vintage Flamingo planter

Santa Flamingo that resides year round in my Mosaic (and catch all ) Work Room

Cool Flamingo print from a local Artist, also in my Mosaic Work Room

Flamingo tea towels hung on the door of my antique hutch. These vintage bowls all have issues, cracks, etc, but we use them and enjoy thinking of their history :)

A Flamingo painting (sorry for the glare) and two Flamingos that a dear friend (who knows me very well) gave me on my birthday one year

Flamingo "pencil" art

Vintage TURNER print. I got this at a yard sale for 10 bucks!

Vintage  Flamingo print and vintage Florida hand towel

Another vintage Flamingo print

Vintage Flamingo vase



So there it is, my Flamingo Crazy collection. But that's not all; I also have Flamingos in the yard and on the front porch. Will have to get phots of those another day.

As of now it seems I am chatting to myself as I've yet to see any traffic. I sure hope that changes as I continue posting. PLEASE, if you have been here, add a comment, even if it's just a big ole "HELLO". Thanks!!


<div id="ScribCode244502989"></div>


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi, I'm so happy to meet you! I know it takes a while to build up a following, but don't get discouraged, your blog is darling! Have you linked up with any parties yet? Are you familiar with "howsweetthesound.typepad.com? Beverly hosts pink Saturday every week and you would love it! I have a blog too, but I'm finding harder and harder to find the time. Good luck to you! Marcia

Jacque Ferreira said...

Kristi, your blog name caught my eye because i belong to a group called "Flamingoheads" We all actually follow a band and our mascot/logo is a flamingo named Floyd. We all dress up in flamingo garb and carry and collect fun flamingo items. You can see more if interested at wwwunhitched.com. My husband and I have a crab pot on the top of our motor home full of vintage plastic pink flamingos! Fun seeing your collections... Jacque